JioFi WiFi Device: How To Install, Configure, Setup & JioFi FAQ With Solutions
With your JioFi WiFi device, you can setup your internet connection from anywhere anytime. With Jio 4G offer, you can enjoy unlimited calls and the internet at 4G speed as long as your battery lasts!
The JioFi WiFI device costs Rs 1999. When you buy your JioFi WiFi device, you also get your free Jio 4G sim card with the Preview offer.
When the 4G service for JioFi is commercially launched, the prices might differ. JioFi is a better option if you do not have a 4G smartphone. It is better than LYF smartphones in terms of specifications.
How To Configure & Setup Your JioFi WiFi Device For Better Speed And More Battery Life
Setting up your JioFi device in the following way will help you get the maximum speed and extended battery performance.
Initial Setup: Before you set your JioFi device, make sure that your Jio sim card is activated. Insert your sim card in the slot.
Place your battery and cover and switch on your JioFi device. The power button is located below the Jio symbol on the front panel.
Connecting your Mobile, PC, Mac or Gaming Console to JioFi: Go to the wireless settings on your preferred device and switch on the WiFi option. You can connect your mobile, smartphone, tablet, Mac, Personal computer or even your game console to the JioFi device.
On your JioFi package, the SSID and the password for the device will be mentioned. Your SSID will be something similar to JioFi 2_4EF140. The default password will be in the box that will help you connect it.
JioFi Wifi Device Web configuration: When you open the browser on your PC/Desktop or Mac, type in http://jiofi.local.html/index.htm
On the control panel, check the following:
2. Connected Band in LTE
3. Number of connected users
4. Maximum & Minimum speed
5. Battery Status
Enter JioFi Web Configuration Admin Panel: When you go to the Login link on the top right corner, use the default credentials to log in
Username – administrator
Password – administrator
You can change the default settings anytime to enjoy better experience
Warning – If you are happy with these settings, it is better not to follow the advanced settings hacks that will give you better speed and longer battery performance.
Most Shared: Jio MNP, How To Port Your Number To Reliance Jio
Never change your DNS address or Hostname. Always make sure that you have logged into “JioFi web configuration panel” before you begin with the advanced settings.
How To Activate & Use Voice or Data Services In Your JioFi 4G Sim
To activate your voice in your JioFi sim card: call 1977 by connecting your JioFi device to JioJoin app. Select your preferred language followed by entering your Jio number. Enter the last four digits of your ID proof to activate the voice service
Activating Data Services in Your JioFi 4G Sim: To activate your data service, dial 1800-890-1977 from your registered mobile number.
Select the language and enter your Jio number followed by the last four digits of your Jio ID proof. Your data services will be activated.
How To Make HD Voice Calls & Video Calls Using JioFi WiFi
Using the JioJoin app you can make HD voice calls and video calls using the JioFi device. All the calls are made over the WiFi network
Here is the step by step method to make your HD calls:
1. Connect to the internet using your JioFi device on your Android device
2. Download JioJoin app from Playstore
3. Open the app and configure it using the sim number in your JioFi
4. The app will connect your network to the sim card. Enter OTP if required.
Once configured, you can use the app to call or send text messages
How To Change or Rename Default SSID in JioFi WiFi Device
1. Click on Settings Tab
2. Choose the WiFi menu
3. The SSID name will be present in WiFi settings
4. Change it to your preferred name and reboot JioFi
Trick To Increase JioFi WiFi Device Range
By default the WiFi range in JioFi router is low. You can modify the default settings to increase the range of your JioFi WiFi device.
Must Read: Jio Sim VoLTE Supported Mobile Phones List
It is completely safe to use this trick. Change a few settings to enjoy a better range from your JioFi device.
1. On settings, select the WiFi menu
2. Change the mode from 802.11 to ‘2.4Ghz (N)’
3. Change the Tx power to high
4. Change the channel mode to Manual
5. The Channel selection should be 11
6. Click on update and apply
7. Reboot your JioFi device
This method is software based. If you would like to change the range through hardware, buy a WiFi range extender and fix it with the JioFi. You would be able to connect past three to four rooms using the extender.
How To Change IPv4 & IPv6 Modes In JioFi Device
1. Go to settings and select the LTE menu.
2. Click on default APN/PDN connection
3. Change the APN value from Automatic to Manual
4. Change the mode to IPv4/Ipv6 mode or IPv4 or IPv6 mode
5. Apply the settings and save
How To Hide JioFi WiFi Name or JioFi SSID
Follow these steps to hide your WiFi name on your JioFi device:
1. Go to settings
2. Select the WiFi on the menu
3. Change the WiFi SSID broadcast to Disable
4. Apply and reboot your JioFi device
How To Change Reliance JioFi WiFi Device Password
Every time you use a new device for your JioFi device, you will have to enter the password.
Most Searched: LYF Mobile Service Center Address & Details.
You can change the default password to something easier to remember. Here are the steps to follow to change your password:
1. Go to settings
2. Select WiFi menu
3. The Wireless security key should be WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
4. The wireless encryption type should be AES+TKIP
5. Enter your new easy password in the Security Key
6. Click on update to apply the changes.
How To Change JioFi Default Login For The Control Panel:
The password and the login ID by default is the administrator. Save the login details to help you keep the accessibility. The steps to change them are:
1. Go to settings
2. Select the User Management
3. In account management, enter the new username, the current password, and the new password
4. Apply and reboot the JioFi device
How To Use JioFi Storage Over WiFi Or Internet
The storage feature in JioFi helps in accessing data anywhere and anytime. You can share information with several people at once over JioFi connection
1. Go To settings
2. Click on the storage from the menu bar
3. Click on enable for the storage account
4. Enter your username and password to access
The three main types of storage modes are:
Local storage – use the data cable to store on your SD card using your Mac or PC
WiFi storage – Access the storage when you have the internet
Most Searched: Jio DTH Set Top Box Images, Launch date, Plans and Offers.
Stored on the internet – This is the most convenient way of storage. You can get your stored data from anywhere in the world.
5. Click on Apply and save the changes. Enjoy full access to the SC card on your phone!
How To Access SD Card Content Over Internet Or WiFI:
You can access the SD card from the Internet using the following method:
1. If you have a name for your SD card, for example, SD card, the following address should be accessed using your JioFi device: jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html
2. Enter the username and password
3. Enter the storage sharing panel
You can copy/share/upload/download your data from the SD card from here
How To Allow Or Deny JioFI WiFi Device Access Using Mac Address
The Mac Address Filter service is a great way to allow or deny connected devices in JioFi. Earlier, old WLAN devices failed to detect security settings like WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK resulting in no connectivity from the WiFi network.
When you create an open WiFi connection, the problem will be solved but Open WiFi connection could be easily misused by other users.
The Mac Address filter feature is very useful in these instances. The Mac is the physical address to any WiFi module. Follow the steps:
1. Go to settings
2. Select Network
3. Select Enable and click on Mac Address Filter
4. Choose to allow or deny the connection
5. Select add to add new connections and allow connectivity
6. Enable/disable the selected connect.
7. Click on the submit button to add the user to the user list
8. Select apply and save the changes
How To Enable & Use Power Saving Mode On JioFi WiFi Device
When your JioFi device is not in use, you can put it in a power saving mode. It will help the device to save the battery and cool down the device.
You can enable the power saving mode on or off once it is set. You can also put your JioFi device on power saving using pre-defined slots.
1. Click on settings
2. Select advanced
3. Select the preset time slot and click on power save option. On a preset mode, the device will go into sleep mode, saving battery and backup time
4. Click on Apply and save the changes
How To Change JioFi Device LTE Band to Band 40
Officially, you cannot change the Band on your JioFi device. JioFi device by default chooses the band that has a better signal strength.
The bands that are commonly selected are the Band 3 and Band 4. When band 3 is connected, the device is on the slower side. It makes your device slow.
If you are after the high-speed internet, you have to make sure that your JioFi device has the 40 Band. 2300 Mhz.
When the device is placed in an area with Band 40 bandwidth, the speed performance with Jio will be higher.
Reliance Jio 4G Sim Slow Download Speed in JioFi WiFi Device
Change the JioFi position if you experience slow speed internet. If you are sure that you are in Band 40 but the speed of the JioFi is low, you are probably a victim of Speed Throttling issues. You can use Speedify to put an end to slow internet connectivity.
Speedify is the best solution for speed issues with the Jio sim card. With this, the JioFi speed is at the max. It helps in keeping a healthy monthly data usage and has features of a security manager.
How To Improve JioFi Device Battery Life & Battery Backup
If you travel often, the battery power might exhaust sooner than you expect. The devices keep trying to change bands when you are online. Here is a small trick to keep a longer battery life.
1. Go to the settings and change the following:
- Set up the Mode – ‘802.11 Mode’ to ‘2.4 Ghz (B)’
- WMM mode – The rest is disabled to WMM to win
- TX power should be low
- The channel mode will be automatic
Storage Menu: Set the storage to disable
Advanced Settings: Set the power to save mode to 60 min
You can save a lot if you regularly reduce the power consumption for the JioFi device.
JioFi WiFi Device Heating Problem
JioFi device does not heat up significantly when it used. The JioFI device never heats up by itself. When the JiOFi device is in normal use, it does use up the negligible heat. While charging, the device might heat up too
Slow Download Speed In JioFi WiFI Device
There are no options to make your JioFi device increase or decrease the speed. When the Band 3 or 5 are connected, the browsing speed of the device remains 3 to 5 bands
Check out the LTE Status on your smartphone if the band corresponds to the 40 band. If not, place it in an area where band 40 is available
JioFi – Any limitation on the Welcome offer?
No, JioFi has no data limit. There are no data restrictions for the JioFi device.
Does JioFi WiFi have Speed Throttling Issues?
No, The JioFi device has had no speed Throttling issues.
When your device is connected to band 3 or the band 5, the speed may be slower but helping your device get stuck in the 40 band zone would be a good one for the JioFi device.
Price and Features – 3/5
Speed, Power Backup, Ease of Use 4/5
Software – 2.5/5
Hardware and Signal reception – 3.5/5